Torrents Kill Internet - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2007, 08:34 AM   #21 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Send a message via ICQ to Jam3s-Zer0 Send a message via AIM to Jam3s-Zer0 Send a message via Yahoo to Jam3s-Zer0

Ye General, it means 30 pence, sorry Its just the way English people type it. Lol it would off been **** if it was 30 pound per GB

@snypercore, on my first time wen I was only about 15GB over I got a warning letter saying if it happens again they will charge my 30p per GB and then last month I got charged the 30p per GB.

Maybes its because you live in London and I just live up in the North East where not as many people use broadband.

Old 01-05-2007, 11:33 AM   #22 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Originally posted by MrCoffee
I know you say you have your ports forwarded but does your router have a firewall built in? if so it might detect the torrents as a DOS attack and temporarily block the IPs. Doesn't sound likely though.

If all you're talking about is occasional line drops then its prefectly normal for either your router or the exchange to drop the connection every now and then.

It does but I forwarded the ports through it, and turned upnp on which also opens the listen port.

Closed Thread