Torrents Kill Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raze664

Daemon Poster
I keep trying to torrent files, but they disable my internet sometime during the night. I had a while back and downloaded a patch which fixed it, then I formatted my computer and can't remember the patch.

I have
  • Used The Connection Number Patch
  • Tryed Different Torrent Clients(Azureus and Bitcomet)
  • Changed Listen Port
  • Turned UPnP on Router
  • Forwarded All Neccesary Ports

Nvm, I can't help. I'm from the UK too and use BT Broadband. On occasions this sometimes happen to me. Less frequenly now. I thought maybes it was just to do with BT, but apparenly not.

Someone else should be able to help. Maybes if this was posted in the networking & internet section.

Sometimes if you overload the upload, the connection might spaz out... try doing a speedtest first and then use it's results in BT. Be sure to convert KiloBits to Kilobytes as to here.

most UK ISP's haev a "fair usage policy" which means bascially if you take the **** with file transfers they can stop your service for a limited time, this has neevr happened to me n i have had downloads on every day for a week or 2 so you must have to rle do alot but thats BT, your ISP could be diferent that or are you using wireless by any chance?

I'm with NTL on 4MB using wireless I never get disconnected but I'm also not an excessive user, how much would you say you download?

Also if your using wireless a crap wireless adaptors or router tend to disconnect more often, I know my old adaptor did until i upgraded to a pre-n version.

if your downloading say 5+ files all in the 10+ gig range that is most likely your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom