Torrent programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake-Eyes

Daemon Poster
I know there's a huge difference among BT users about the programs, but is there a precise list or something that compares the programs (ie. memory usage to performance)? I'm curious as to whether there is a BT program that will help speed up your downloads over others. I know, generally, speed will be determined by the speed the seeders have their upload at, but i'm still curious.

azureus is resource hog but generally its distributed database can bypass some sites security like loggin in to peers when you dont have access, and it has more sources to get seeds/peers ie db,dht,tracker,onion, etc. but i will say azureus is a resource hog, utorrent on the other hand runs with virtually no resources but its simple, however since it is now owned by anti-p2p i wouldnt use any version 1.8.1 and above, generally i max out my top speeds at crikeym8.com no matter what client i use, but i say azureus if youre having trouble connecting to peers but thats all it basically does, it will get you more people to dl from, mostly speed comes from great seeders with 100mb/10mb speeds i don't think i can post sites for you but generally public trackers like isohunt, and now demonoid have suck *** speeds and dupe torrents everywhere, also beware of btmon since most of the torrents there are fake. Try getting into a private tracker

azureus is resource hog but generally its distributed database can bypass some sites security like loggin in to peers when you dont have access, and it has more sources to get seeds/peers ie db,dht,tracker,onion, etc. but i will say azureus is a resource hog, utorrent on the other hand runs with virtually no resources but its simple, however since it is now owned by anti-p2p i wouldnt use any version 1.8.1 and above, generally i max out my top speeds at crikeym8.com no matter what client i use, but i say azureus if youre having trouble connecting to peers but thats all it basically does, it will get you more people to dl from, mostly speed comes from great seeders with 100mb/10mb speeds i don't think i can post sites for you but generally public trackers like isohunt, and now demonoid have suck *** speeds and dupe torrents everywhere, also beware of btmon since most of the torrents there are fake. Try getting into a private tracker

I haven't seen any fake files on demonoid. it one would show up, they banned the person immediately and delete it. that's why I only DL on demonoid and sometime piratebay now

I personally use mininova, piratebay, and demonoid, and have yet to get a fake file.

I use Azureus as my client and it works fantastic, but i generally see about 30kB/s as my download speed. Sometimes, but not always, it'll jump higher. I've seen as high as 800kB/s, and that wasn't even on an Azureus patch or version download.

demonoid sux now too many adds and dupe torrent(dupe? the same files over and over) i use a private tracker like crikeym8 and rapidtorrents, or just newsgroup

Personaly I use Bitcomet as client (10:00-23:00 20kB/s and 23:00-10:00 almost 60KB/s, i only have a 1mbit connection so it's pretty nice) and I usually download torrents from mininova, demonoid and torrentspy.

yeah the seed/peer raition on demonoid is like 8% whereas on crickeym8 the seed to peer ration is at ~2200% and we have uploaders with 100/10mb connections and higher. i know demonoid seems like a private tracker but any leecher can d/l 3 torrents and renew his/her ip and then do it over and over. whereas if a leechertried that on a good site he would be banned instantly for leeching or limiting his/her up speed.

i use utorrent and azureus and i get 88kbps all day long even when there is only one seeder

crickym8 sucks dude i went there and that place you cant download the torrents they dont start up like they are soppose to and they dont have where the movies are broken down they still have all the stuff in the same format that they got it ...and then they came over to www.andrew-fu.net website and took the torrents from there because they are broke down to make it easyer on the people when i get a dvd i like to just download it off the site and put right into the burner and go why waste the time at crickysm8 site when you can all ready go to one site and get the stuff they are stealing from that site....crickys site is for the noobs anyways...

later peeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom