Toolbar problem (missing some of them)

Status
Not open for further replies.

taekwondo

Baseband Member
This is really wierd but i am missing some apps(icons) in taskbar(those icons on right below corner). even though the software is still alive, i cant see them. i am missing the sound's icon and an app called "hare" and another app too. When i go to sound option in control panel, i can see that its checked to show the icon but cant see it. unless i uncheck and check it again. but it disapears after rebooting the pc.
anyone help? thanks

It sounds as if your explorer.exe crashed and rebooted. If that is the case all the icons do not come back till you restart your PC. This is normal behaviour.

It sounds as if your explorer.exe crashed and rebooted. If that is the case all the icons do not come back till you restart your PC. This is normal behaviour.

its normal? i dont get this kinda prob in my other pc :(
how to fix this problem?

Does it persist through reboot?
it doesnt go away when i restart the pc thats the prob :(
i cant see the volume icon even though how many times i restart the pc :( (only can see it as i said , by unchecking and checking back that box of that option)

Is there a symbol that looks like this << to the left of the icons you can see?

If so click it and see if your icons appear.

Is there a symbol that looks like this << to the left of the icons you can see?

If so click it and see if your icons appear.

nope there isnt :(,thats what makes me think that it only allows the first 4 icons or apps only :( and thats really wierd.
try checking msconfig maybe something go remed out....
nope , tried it like 100's of time and no luck with it

Ok, try this:
Right click on the start menu, click properties, click on the TaskBar tab, click on Customize, find the items that aren't showing up and change them to "Always Show" and see click apply. See if they appear. Also make sure you haven't installed any applications to hide the tray icons, and make sure that this registry key value is set to 0.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Policies/Explorer/NoTrayItemDisplay

Let me know how that works out.

the first trick didnt work.cuz i tried that too...
the second one is at 91 at current changing to 0 and let me c if it works or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom