Too many useless programs load up upon startup. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyual767

In Runtime
I've got XP with service pack 3. When it boots up, there are some useless DVD movie making programs loading up. These show up in the lower right hand corner of the screen.

I've gone to Start>run>msconfig>startup and then unchecked the two programs that I don't want to load up automatically upon computer boot up. The good news is that these programs no longer boot up. The bad news is that I get a box that pops up saying that I'm in selective startup and that I need to go back into msconfig>startup and recheck those pesky, unwanted programs allowing them to load up upon computer startup. How do I keep these programs from automatically starting up? I don't want to uninstall these DVD movie making programs. I just don't want them automatically opening up when I start my computer.

I'm sure there is a simple fix, right?

Danny

there is a check box on that message that says "dont show this message again" just check it and you are good to go.

You are in selective start up because you "selected" what you wanted to start up, its nothing bad or different. Its not like being in safe mode.

So just tick off the programs you dont want to load on start up like you did. when you reboot and get that message box just click dont show again and your set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom