"TLDR" problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 09:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default "NTLDR" problem

i recieved a copy of windows media center edition 2005 on my computer and i wanted to install it on another computer. i went through the process of making the cd bootable through nero burning rom. i burned the .img file and all the other files needed for the cd to boot but when i tested it to see if it would work i got this message:
"Cannot boot from CD, Cannot find NTLDR"

i don't know what i did wrong and i don't know how to fix it.

Old 03-09-2006, 10:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

will it boot from within windows? Do you mean NTLDR?

Old 03-09-2006, 02:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

set bios to boot from cd. hit a key while booting
Old 03-09-2006, 02:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie

it won't load in windows unless i go into the cd manually and load it. and yes i mean NTLDR

i set bios to boot from the cd. its reading it to boot is just wont go because it "can't find NTLDR"

did i do something wrong in the burning process?
Old 03-09-2006, 02:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by worrwhorre
it won't load in windows unless i go into the cd manually and load it. and yes i mean NTLDR

i set bios to boot from the cd. its reading it to boot is just wont go because it "can't find NTLDR"

did i do something wrong in the burning process?
when it say it can't find that, it's usually past the booting from cd part
Old 03-09-2006, 02:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Monster Techie

first of as said , it wont boot automatically it displays "press any key to boot from cd" then you have about 5 seconds to press a key if you want it to boot , are you sure you configured the bios right? the cdrom must be the first boot device if you want it to work , also maybe you did burn it the wrong way notice the expert settings..
l
Old 03-09-2006, 05:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Techie

i burned it exactly that way since that was the picture i went off of. my bios is configured to boot off of the cd first
Old 03-09-2006, 05:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Monster Techie

in the bios boot settings , you see the cdrom device name or just "cdrom" ? some old bioses give you only "cdrom" as a choice and not the optical drive name and those that does that have an issue which is they support booting only from the first optical drive i mean depending on master/slave & primary and secondary ide channels whatever optical drive that comes first
Old 03-09-2006, 10:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Techie

im positive the problem is not in the boot sequence. i even ran an authentic XP cd to make sure and it booted.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Default Re: "NTLDR" problem

Quote:
Originally posted by worrwhorre
i recieved a copy of windows media center edition 2005 on my computer and i wanted to install it on another computer. i went through the process of making the cd bootable through nero burning rom. i burned the .img file and all the other files needed for the cd to boot but when i tested it to see if it would work i got this message:
"Cannot boot from CD, Cannot find NTLDR"

i don't know what i did wrong and i don't know how to fix it.
you should have use alcohol 120 and ripped this as an .iso file

Closed Thread