Is it time to use Vista yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disillusion

Daemon Poster
Is Vista still being a piece of **** in some areas or is it turning out to be a really nice OS?

One thing that I've heard about Vista that I don't particularly like is that Vista evidently tracks everything you've ever done somewhere and you can't delete the history. Is this true?

The only reason I'm running Vista is that it came pre-loaded with my PC. In all honesty the average user doesn't need to upgrade to vista. The new features are nice but not worth the money for it, however Vista does have better administrative tools and probably be adapted by businesses more willingly if you work in an office expect an upgrade soon (pure speculation and my opionion).

I have not heard anything about vista recording everything I do on my PC.

Agreed, SP1/SP2.

The only compelling reason to switch to vista is dx10 gaming... Hmmm, let me see, How many dx10 games are there at the moment?...

I rest my case.

I still stand by my decision to switch. I have not had to install a firewall nor a anti-viurs. I have run several spyware sweeps and come up with nothing.

So people who complain aobut security have no reason to ***** when Vista is out there and more secure.

The gamin changes this month with the release of Halo 2. Fully DX10 and Vista only. Vista is NOT as bad as everyone says it is here. There are plenty of other sites where the majority of the members have no issue with it. It seems that only here is where the majority are against in my experience.

I still stand by my decision to switch. I have not had to install a firewall nor a anti-viurs. I have run several spyware sweeps and come up with nothing.

So people who complain aobut security have no reason to ***** when Vista is out there and more secure.

The gamin changes this month with the release of Halo 2. Fully DX10 and Vista only. Vista is NOT as bad as everyone says it is here. There are plenty of other sites where the majority of the members have no issue with it. It seems that only here is where the majority are against in my experience.

I agree. I have Vista installed on all desktop PCs at home, on my laptop and my bro's macbook, and certainly no complaints.

But there's no reason for urgency to switch to Vista, however. XP is alright.

Don't go to Vista yet. Period.

My parents just bought a Dell Dimension with Vista Home Premium, and although the interface is awesome, the core OS is buggy. Many games crash regularly, and some applications fail to launch after installation. Jedi Academy installs and plays, but once you close it, it will not open back up unless you open it from the autorun menu. Speaking of autorun, any time you insert a CD, open a network place, or try to copy files, it will ANNOYINGLY darken screen and ask you "Do you wish to allow <program> to perform <action>?" NO DUH! OF COURSE! Why did I drag the files and say Copy in the first place? Vista is just stupid, and until they fix the bugs, stick with good ol' XP.

...Or use Ubuntu Linux, but that's up to you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom