Thunderbird probs - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 10:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Thunderbird probs

Hey all...not sure if this is the right forum. I'm using thunderbird for email. It is takin forever to get msgs and it idicates that I have about 1300 msgs in my inbox but I only have 30. How can I fix this?
Thanks

Old 04-22-2006, 06:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I'm bumping this in hopes that someone will post a reply. I'm having no luck at fixing this at all. Help....Please.

Old 04-22-2006, 07:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

thunderbird was a pain in the arse for me. I went back to incredimail
Old 04-22-2006, 10:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

This is the only problem I've had with Thunderbird. Don't you get a ton of popups and crap with Incredimail?
Old 04-22-2006, 10:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by marko
This is the only problem I've had with Thunderbird. Don't you get a ton of popups and crap with Incredimail?
no. it has a junk filter

www.incredimail.com
Old 04-22-2006, 11:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to M4A1
Default Re: Thunderbird probs

Quote:
Originally posted by marko
Hey all...not sure if this is the right forum. I'm using thunderbird for email. It is takin forever to get msgs and it idicates that I have about 1300 msgs in my inbox but I only have 30. How can I fix this?
Thanks
What email service are you using?

I used to use T-bird a lot, but it started being weird on me at times, plus I couldn't send an e-mail from one of my identities via my .edu address, so i just use gmail.com
Old 04-23-2006, 08:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
True Techie

I use Thunderbird. But got no clue on that prob... My thunderbird is slow some times..
us their irc help chanel :
Quote:
#thunderbird channel on mozilla.org's chat server. (If you're using Chatzilla, clicking the link above should open a prompt for an IRC nickname.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

1) Tell us what email provider you are using (not what client you are using to access your pop mail - Tbird)... then we can proceed to help you.

2) You can always ask in the forums that Thunderbird has

3) As noted above, you can ask for help in the irc channel... be patient with that.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by M4A1
1) Tell us what email provider you are using (not what client you are using to access your pop mail - Tbird)... then we can proceed to help you.

2) You can always ask in the forums that Thunderbird has

3) As noted above, you can ask for help in the irc channel... be patient with that.
that was the exact reason I dropped t-bird. most client automatically do these things for you these day. I use gmail and the trouble I went through to use t-bird just wasn't worth it. I have manually set clients with gmail before, but I had to make darn near 50 settings with t-bird
Old 04-23-2006, 12:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by EricB
that was the exact reason I dropped t-bird. most client automatically do these things for you these day. I use gmail and the trouble I went through to use t-bird just wasn't worth it. I have manually set clients with gmail before, but I had to make darn near 50 settings with t-bird
I cannot agree with you anymore! I, too, had to make tons of settings. I just visit gmail.com, or just leave the tab open, it refreshes itself every now and then.

T-bird is good, as long you can take the time at first to put all the settings in. Be sure to save them before you reformat or anything like that. I didn't, so I had to do it multiple times

Closed Thread