Thunderbird 2 Final sighted on Mozilla FTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
If you are an early adopter and don't want to wait a few more days to download and install the email client Thunderbird you could head out to the Mozilla ftp and download it for your operating system and language right away. The Mozilla team is usually upping the latest version of either Thunderbird or Firefox on their ftp mirrors to ensure that they can serve the server load when they publish the links on the official program pages. This is indeed a good way to download Thunderbird 2 fast because the servers will not be that populated at this time.
There have been some major changes to the appearance and functions of Thunderbird 2 such as the ability to tag emails which works almost the same way like tagging bookmarks at del.icio.us for example. The interface was redesigned with new icons which look way better than the old ones. Everything looks more friendly to the eye. (I like the flame which is the new symbol for junk mails).

The search reacts now like those nice Ajax scripts that you find anywhere on the web nowadays. It displays results as you type which makes it easier to find emails during searches. I did not have much time to play around with all settings but for the time being I think that the new release is a major improvement. Seems to react a lot faster during program start and mail retrieval.
found: cybernetnews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom