Thumb drive video stored in XP OS viewable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cephas740

Beta member
Thumb drive with private video safe when played back on computer

This may be dumb question, but I have a encrypted usb thumb drive with video and some photographs on a Flash Drive, if I view these files say while traveling (internet cafe), or view them at work from the flash drive, does windows media player or windows xp store a temp copy they way videos played over internet and photo's viewed over interenet are stored on computer in temporary folders. I do not want others to see them for privacy reasons, my girlfriend might get upset hee hee. The reason the photos / movie are on the flash drive is for privacy, and i don't know if windows somehow keeps copy of viewed videos or photos played from flash drive in hard drive in memory or temp folder etc....

Yes they would be stored in the cache. You would need CCleaner or NCleaner to get rid of them from your cache.

It stores photos mainly. It will store part of the video but tno the full thing.

mak,
thanks for the reply,... does the cache store the viewed video also or just viewed photo's.

ok, thanks,.... well maybe just better not use it on any public pc or pc connected to internet then, or get the programs u mentioned

It is highly unlikely that people are going to try and search your cache files to find a photo or video that you have watched. They are more interested in what is on the PC at all times and using that PC for other things like Spam Bots and such.

There are very few if any hackers out there that would be interested in hacking your PC to find a cached photo or video that you have watched.

Not to mention most internet cafe's have Deep Freeze or other such things that dont allow for modification to the PC so a hacker couldnt work on it. Plus in order for anyone to do so they would ahve to first infect your PC heavily in order to take it over. Which if you keep it patched, run a good anti-virus and firewall you have very little to worry about.

There is a such thing as being to paranoid for your own good. This is one of those times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom