Three questions. Window and folder related. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2007, 09:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Three questions. Window and folder related.

I have two questions. First of all how do I remove the date and time listed next to each one of these folders:

Next, I can’t get these files to stay in order. The files should go 1, 2, 3 not 1,3,2. So how do I fix that? I keep moving file two in-between three and one but every time I restart the computer it moves back.

And third, almost every program I have seems to be running full screen. That is it runs over the start bar. Well I want the start bar to be visible so how do I fix this? Almost all the programs I have are doing this. IE7, Microsoft Word, Yahoo IM, MSN, exc.

Old 02-14-2007, 10:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Repeat Offender

1. Click view in the top of the screen, select choose details, uncheck the things you don't want to see.
2. Click view, select arrange by, select name or whatever works in your case.
3. Do you have Auto-hide taskbar enabled? Right click taskbar, select properties. See if auto-hide is selected. If so, remove the check.

Change the world. Of one person. Today.

If your equation requires either a complex combination of variables to get the desired result OR you can't seem to get the result regardless of the ain't your variables, it's your constant.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

First, do you have your taskbar set to "autohide"? If so, that is likely why things are 'covering' it.

On the folders, it appears that your numbers have spaces before them; my guess would be that 1 and 3 have one more space than 2. If the name were *only* the number, it would be centered under the icon.

I don't know offhand how to remove the date and time, but I suggest checking "Folder Options" for a possible change.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie

I got problem 2 and 3 fixed. However changing things in the choose details menu does not do anything. I unchecked everything accept name and the date and time is still there.
Closed Thread