Thinking about downgrading to XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about the confusion but if you read the first sentence in my original post, it clearly says XP Pro 64bit.

Yes I have been having problems with the 8800GTS but I think it has to do more with Vista than the card. I think I may have stopped the error. I disabled physx GPU acceleration in the Nvidia control panel.

The reason I think it is Vista is because people with newest Nvidia cards are getting the same error also. Even people with ATI cards are getting the same error and just about all of them are running Vista. Just google the error message you will see what I mean.

It is not Vista. It is bad drivers.

nVidia released a bad set of Drivers for the Win7 Beta. But yet using the Vista Drivers it is stable.

So yes they can release a bad set of drivers. It is not uncommon. Vista has been the same for 2 years yet the only thing that has changed is the fact that nVidia and ATi still cant get a single set of driver to work perfectly.

I have used 2 different cards in Vista and on the rare occasion i got a driver failure. I rolled back to a more stable set of drivers and everything was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom