Is there a way to....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xearoveg

Beta member
Sorry for the weird thread title couldn't figure out a good short one.

Is there a way to flash my bios using my hard drive instead of my Floppy drive (non working floppy drive/floppy drive mobo connector)

Instructions for my bios flash program

---------------------

MUST BE IN DOS ON BOOTUP
CAN NOT FLASH WITHIN ANY OPERATING SYSTEM

RUN AMIFLASH.COM FROM FLOPPY OR HARD DRIVE BY TYPING

WHEN PROMPTED TO ENTER

"SAVE EXISTING ROM" "Y" OR "N"

"ENTER BIOS FILENAME" PATH OF FILE, EXAMPLE (C:\ROMFILE.ROM)

"PROGRAM BOOTBLOCK" "Y" (YOU MUST SELECT Y)

"PRESS Y TO CONTINUE" "Y"

AMIFLASH WILL THEN PROCEED TO UPDATE THE FLASH PART.
AFTER SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION, PRESS ANY KEY TO RESTART.

IMPORTANT NOTE

IF YOU HAVE A MESSAGE THAT CAN NOT FIND FLASH ROM
HIT THE CTRL+ALT+DELETE TO RESTART YOUR COMPUTER FOR
A SOFT RESET THEN CONTINUE WITH AMIFLASH PROGRAM.

IMPORTANT NOTE

WHEN RUNNING AMIFLASH.COM DO NOT ADD ROMFILE NAME IN RUNNING PROGRAM.
JUST RUN AMIFLASH.COM AND ENTER ROMFILE NAME DURING SETUP OF THE BIOS UPGRADE.

------------------------

Also, I don't know the exact mobo i have right now, but i can get it if needed. But i do know america megatrends is my bios manufacturer, so is this the right bios flash to be using? i heard using the wrong one can cause some serious problems. can taking out the cmos battery for 5 min fix any problems that occur?

(sorry for any spelling errors or anything at all, im currently using a 50 inch HDTV screen as my monitor so the text is really hard to read.)

EDIT: oops forgot to provide the bios flash program im using.

http://www.ami.com/support/downloadagreement.cfm?DLFile=support/downloads/amiflash.zip&InpDrvID=90

and my mobo is this here. AX480A7-F ( TUL AX480A7-F Socket 754 ATI XPRESS 200P ATX AMD Motherboard )

EDIT2:

Iv'e stumbled accrost some other site, which may have led me to the correct bios flash and rom file for this mobo.

http://www.tul.com.tw/global/DLbios.aspx?folderid=2#

I have plenty of things to try, just need to know if i can try them without a working floppy drive, and if i can, how? and if i try random things, will it permenently destory the system or can i take the cmos battery out to fix things?

im almost certain u cant from a HDD but i know you can make DOS bootable CD's weather or not you can use them in this case i dont know but i doubt it. you havnt got a floppy drive then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom