Is There A Spam Filter For Outlook Express?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fazza

Baseband Member
I'm not very familiar with Outlook Express (I'm an Outlook 2003 person myself) so I was hoping someone on this forum can point me in the right direction...

Is there a spam filter available for Outlook 2003, preferably free/open source, as a friend of mine is getting an increasing amount of spam coming in to his mailbox?

Thanks.

:)

He needs to use the web interface and notify the provider of the spam messages so they can upgrade their filters to stop it.

Other than that he needs to mark each message as Junk (Right Click on message) and it should send it to his Junk Mail Folder. At which point he will just have to empty that folder.

There is also this.

I already suggested that he contact his email provider to query spam filtering at their end.

I've already searched the net for a spam filter and like the link to bing that you provided I got a list of thousands of different programs that claim to do the job but I'm not going to recommend any software that i have never heard of or tried before which is why I posted on this forum i the hope that someone could recommend one that they have used in the past or use right now.

I can bet you that almost 95% of the people on site dont worry about spam. 2 reasons.

1. They filter the spam out with the above mentioned actions. They mark it as spam themselves and never think of it again.
2. We use several different email addresses for things. So that we can register on sites using a junk email account and never have to worry about spam getting to our real email accounts.

Your best action is to actually read the reviews. Spam Filters are a dime a dozen. Just like anti-virus programs. Everyone is going to have their own opinion. It will be up to you to do the leg work and find the one that will work for you. We cant tell you which one will have the options and do what you want. Cause we dont know what that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom