There is no script engine for file extension ".js".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Sir Timothy
Recently i entered the Beta for AWOMO, its an online game thiing a bit like Steam. I entered purely because you get Rome: Total War free when you do.

Anyway, i dl'ed RTW, and when i try and launch game i get the error "There is no script engine for file extension ".js"." I looked on their support forums but the solutoion they were giving to everyone was a download for xp users (im on Vista). I googled the error but although there were a lot of results, i doidnt get any answers :(

Help would be hugely appreciated :)

What were their fixes? Are you sure the game is even Vista compatible? Have you tried XP Compatibility mode? Vista does have it.

Thats the stupid part of this website thingy...
You launch the game from the site (you only download as much as you need to run the game, then it stops, and downloads what you need as you need it.... its really stupid).
So i can't launch in compatiability mode... and it is compatible with Vista

They're saying to dl this http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...25-d896-482e-a0d6-524e7e844d81&DisplayLang=en but i can't find a Vista alternative

no... i thought it would be bad for it...

As you being a Windows genious suggested it, i will try ;)

Didn't work, just got a message telling me "Not enough storge is available to prevess this command"

Do you have enough hard drive space to install it? Did you try compatibility Mode?

Well then you need to contact the developers and find out what to do. Cause there is no Script Engine for Vista. The Scripting was changed in Vista. So maybe you have to have Firefox installed? Associate those file with that or something else?

Cause there is no need for Scripting in Vista as it chagned from XP's style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom