There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, Go to Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

El loco

In Runtime
Ok, after reformating my friend's Hp Pavilion Slimline s7600e because it decided to go all gay with some error, now there is no sound. When I go to volume control this error appears "There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, Go to Control Panel and Other Hardware..... "

I tried several "fixes" I found by googling but nothing worked, I went to the Hp site(where he got the comp) and looked up for drivers and there is one under 'Original drivers' -> "Fall 2006 Original Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers"
I tried that but when installing it says that I need Microsoft's Universal Audio Architecture, but I don't know where to find that crap.

So then I did dxdiag command and it says the computer doesn't have any sound devices installed and suggest to go to the manufacturer and look for drivers.
I know for a fact that the computer has an integrated card, so in order to get a driver update I need to look for what mobo it has? right?
So how do I do that without having to open the **** thing.

Re: There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, Go to Cont

install the chipset

Re: There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, Go to Cont

well...HP can be a nightmare for you :D

are you Vista or XP...

start here...or alter for Vista
HP and Compaq Desktop PCs -  UAA (Universal Audio Architecture) 

follow the links for realtek:
Realtek

and/or:
Microsoft QFE Update (KB835221) to Support UAA Bus Driver 

make sure to obtain the file:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp26001-26500/sp26334.exe

but follow the links so you know what you are dl'ing and not just reading what I say :D

The above is xp based...if you're Vista you should be able to change accordingly...or I can make it easier for you:
Software & Driver downloads HP Pavilion Slimline s7600e CTO Desktop PC

if you install the latest nvidia chipset drivers that will make the above a moot point as it will be included. then you can install the audio drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom