There is a lot of free ram but still it is lagging

If i change cpu, i should change cpu fan and motherboard, around 150 dollars. But 3.0 or 3.2 ht i can find around 5- 10 dollars.

And what about overclocking this 2.8 ghz to 3.5?

You wish it were that simple, believe us when we say this it aint worth using that cpu.
Its good for minor web browsing, email microsoft 2000 standard or 2003 and some financing.
Look at what you got here before you say anything else:
ARK | Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 2.80 GHz, 512K Cache, 533 MHz FSB

Pair this up against this:
Newegg.com - Intel Celeron G1830 Haswell 2.8GHz LGA 1150 54W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646G1830
This is at the bottom of the food chain of haswell chips, but its plenty strong to do simple or day to day stuff normally.

Like I said I know your low on funds, make a way to earn some money.
Newegg.com - ECS B85H3-M3(1.0) LGA 1150 Intel B85 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Get one part at a time over the next 2 months, I told you could build something for under 150 bucks. :/

If i change cpu, i should change cpu fan and motherboard, around 150 dollars. But 3.0 or 3.2 ht i can find around 5- 10 dollars.

And what about overclocking this 2.8 ghz to 3.5?
Actually you'll only need to get a new motherboard and RAM if you buy a new CPU. The new CPU will come with a stock fan solution in the box.

You were complaining about a heat problem earlier. I doubt seriously you have any leeway to overclock a hot P4. It won't make a difference though because clock speed isn't the issue here. You would also need to buy aftermarket cooling and probably a new board just to OC that CPU.

If your motherboard supports it try to find a real cheap Core 2 Duo E6300 on ebay or something. That would be a world better than what you have now and those go for super cheap these days.

I had 3.2 ghz cpu and i had temperature issue with that. But i broke its pin and now i use 2.8 ghz and temperature is low, around 30 40 c.

I will continue to use that system.

my motherboard
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 478 - GA-8IPE1000-G (rev. 4.x)
doesnot support over pentium 4.

If i can find a 3.4 hyper thread cheap, i can only spend money on that.. Because i spent a lot of money on ram and motherboard and i should use them.

3 x 1 gb ram and 2.8 ghz cpu and motherboard.

I spent too much on this stupid system but i cant do anything. 3 times motherboard, 3 times psu,1 time cooler....

Thanks for help.

The 3.4GHz processor will be even hotter running than the 3.2 and 2.8. Pentium 4's just run hot and we explained that before.

I can't imagine you spending more than a few bucks on the RAM, I mean since it's DDR1. Even if you live outside the US standard DDR is cheap. I can literally go down to a discount electronic store and pick out 1GB DDR sticks with the change I have in my car. Literally. So if you spent a lot of money on it I'm sorry.
Simple fact here is, your system will not perform the way you are expecting and there isn't anything you can do about that. You can do one thing at a time and that's about it.

If you do live in the states (I can't remember if you did or not) then I suggest switing over to at least s775 and Core 2. You can do it cheaply via Ebay.
6 dollar e6300
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU Processor E6300 SL9TA 1 86 GHz Free SHIP Quantity Available 0735858184656 | eBay

Here's a brand new 775 board for 25 bucks.
Intel DP35DPM ATX S775 DDR2 Motherboard | eBay

2GB of DDR2 for 8 bucks.
2GB 2 x 1GB DDR2 PC5300 667MHz Desktop Memory Patriot PSD22G667K | eBay

Less than 50 bucks for a machine 5x faster than these P4s you're trying to use. Again if you're outside the US I apologize but you have to realize you're working with very old tech here.

Pentium 4 processors just cant cope up with multitasking no matter how much powerful they are they are going to lack flexible multitasking....

Back
Top Bottom