Battal Gazi

In Runtime
System is

xp pro sp 3 32 bit
2.8 ghz p4 478 pin
gigabyte 8ig1000p
128 mb gpu nvidia
3.5 gb ddr ram

I bought 2 gb ram because there was lack of ram. Now there is no lag of ram but still it lags when i open multiple programs, for example chrome firefox and webcam applications.

For this 3 applications, cpu usage is around %70 80. %50 is for webcam.

And it lags, responds lately.

Is it about low mb gpu or cpu threading technology? If i make overclock or buy a 3.0 or 3.2 ghz , something changes?

The cpu temperature is low, around 30 40 c.

Maybe rams have low clock cycles. 1 gb kingston, 512 mb aidata, others are hilevel. cl5 i think most ofthem.

that small of a GPU can bottleneck your system considerably, even in XP, when operating any heavy graphics operations *watching videos is included here*, but for web surfing, unless it's a gaming site or lots of flash, it shouldn't matter. if your computer has the option of running onboard video I'd try that. as for your ram, it will downclock all other sticks to the slowest stick speeds. I'd also suggest removing your slowest stick. in the future, stick with like make and model sticks, you can have issues between different sticks of different speeds and frequencies, which could also contribute to lag. always buy multiple sticks in pairs or sets. when you buy in pairs or sets they are tested and adjusted together to work best as a set.

It's the CPU man. You can't expect an antiquated single core CPU to keep up with running multiple CPU using applications. We pretty much warned you of this before when talking about the RAM. You have the RAM now, but your CPU can really only handle one thing at a time.

System is

I bought 2 gb ram because there was lack of ram. Now there is no lag of ram but still it lags when i open multiple programs, for example chrome firefox and webcam applications.

For this 3 applications, cpu usage is around %70 80. %50 is for webcam.

And it lags, responds lately.

Is it about low mb gpu or cpu threading technology? If i make overclock or buy a 3.0 or 3.2 ghz , something changes?

The cpu temperature is low, around 30 40 c.

Choose what applications you need open and use 2 at a time or close the other out if your not multitasking.
Chrome firefox even IE uses up some memory and depending oh how many tabs is open.
If you have start up programs like windows media player, winamp messenger app or anything loading..
You could do this: How to use MSCONFIG in Windows XP: NetSquirrel.com
Next navigate to start up programs and take out the ones that are active and you don't need.
Like my boss told me years ago, *your pushing your cpu to do too much it can't do*.
Your going to fry it eventually, I advise you look for a more recent cpu/mobo/ram.
Heck LGA 775 pentium or AM3 Athlon/Phenom series would benefit you if money is a problem.

It's the CPU man. You can't expect an antiquated single core CPU to keep up with running multiple CPU using applications. We pretty much warned you of this before when talking about the RAM. You have the RAM now, but your CPU can really only handle one thing at a time.

+1 to this.

wow it's been a while since I dealt with single core systems. what PP says is absolutely on the money. the more apps you run, the slower will be on that single core. MikeTech is offering you the best option for system optimization with a single core.

I cant spend money for motherboard and cpu now. Maybe only can buy a cpu 3.2 or 3.0 hyper thread technologhy. 1 mb or 512 kb cache is important?

Make it sense if i use raid harddrive techology?

My all rams are DDR PC3200. I have 3.5 gb ram but it is xp 32 bit. I read about it can use only 3 gb but it seems it uses 3.5

I cant spend money for motherboard and cpu now. Maybe only can buy a cpu 3.2 or 3.0 hyper thread technologhy. 1 mb or 512 kb cache is important?

My all rams are DDR PC3200. I have 3.5 gb ram but it is xp 32 bit. I read about it can use only 3 gb but it seems it uses 3.5

Tell you what you post back how much you can spend later on and I'll dig around for something better.
This is a small sample of something far better than that socket 478 cpu.
Intel Core i3 550 3 2GHz Socket 1156 CPU Slbud | eBay

You could generate the money within 2 months and spend about 150.00 dollars.
Includes new ram from newegg cpu from ebay and motherboard from ebay or amazon.

You won't gain any extra real noticeable performance until you actually upgrade. You want to do too many things at once on a CPU not made to do so.

If i change cpu, i should change cpu fan and motherboard, around 150 dollars. But 3.0 or 3.2 ht i can find around 5- 10 dollars.

And what about overclocking this 2.8 ghz to 3.5?

Back
Top Bottom