Terrible Resolution, why?

Michaelcomputernerd

Beta member
Lately I've been really bothered by my horrible resolution. When I am watching videos on youtube or during cinematics and cutscenes in games the resolution is just horrible. Big Squares you know, fishy edges etc etc. I have no clue what the prob is, my setup should be able to deliver a lot more than it is right now. Any ideas what the problem is and what I could do to solve it?
Setup:
CPU: Intel Core i5 4440k 3.10GHz
GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 760
RAM: Total of 16Gb Crucial
Monitor: BenQ xl2420t LCD

Its not your hardware, there is plenty of power there to deliver full HD in 1080p without any problems.

Youtube: Check the quality of the video. You can change many videos to HD, and you will see an improvement. Not all videos are HD however, and are limited to 360p. And full-screen 360p will look a bit blocky.

Games: Make sure your in-game resolution is set properly. Games mostly use their own resolution settings, and do not copy the windows resolution, so go into the settings of the game and try to increase the resolution.

Also: Some games just use low quality cut scenes.

If you're watching non-HD youtube videos or playing old games with low resolution cut scenes, that's what you're going to get. That sort of follows the "Garbage in; Garbage out" principle.

Try playing games/watching videos with higher production quality.

Back
Top Bottom