terminal services logoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilGenie

Beta member
does anybody know how to end all sessions from terminal services at specific time(say for backup) and dis allow them to log back in other than: write a small cmd
1. change logon /disable
2. reset session 1
3. reset session 2...
and so on then puting it in schedule tasks and then writing another cmd changing the log on to enable?
please help I know there is an easier way and maybe even send them a warning or something?

Hello! and welcome to the site! As for your requests I can help you with the disconect part, but it sounds like you may already be familiar. You have a couple options. The first being setting this up in Active Directory via the Terminal Services Configuration. The other would be to write a small script with the "Tsdiscon" command.

You should be running your backups after hours though when no one is present then when you disconect the session you wont have to worry about anyone logging on. The way I have it setup on our server is a scheduled task that point to the .bat file I created telling it to disconnect each session. I am sure there is some better commands out there.

thanks for the reply win2kpatcher,
the way you describe is the way that I'm doing it now I just thought that there was an easier way with out using scheduled tasks. As for runing backup when no one is present I simply cant do that because I have people accecing the server 24/7 and they have been told to end their sessions from 11:00 to 11:30 but as you may know some people have to do it the hard way.
anyways thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom