Temp internet files folder - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2007, 09:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Question Temp internet files folder

I am trying to put the TIF folder on my quick launch bar for quick, easy access. The only way I can seem to get to it is through the control panel/internet options/browsing history-settings/ view files. Here it says that the attribute of the TIF is hidden. Under folder options I have clicked the button "show all hidden files" and applied it to all folders, but it still reads "hidden".
I have also tried to access it through C:\Documents and Settings\name\Local Settings. It is not there. It does not seem to want to show itself. Am I missing something or is there a glitch in my system?

Old 08-11-2007, 12:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Graphic Designer
Send a message via MSN to mssssee2 Send a message via Yahoo to mssssee2
Default Re: Temp internet files folder

You can probably configure that from msconfig or Computer properties. I changed my temp folder before days but i don't remember the accurate command, anyway its from there.

Mike from Greece, 16

Old 08-11-2007, 01:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: Temp internet files folder

Here is what you do...Open IE>Tools>Internet Option>Cookies

Move the folder to someplace else. Another hard drive or what not. From there open Computer and go under your file options. You said you checked the show files box. But scroll down a bit more. You will see a box that says "Hide system files (recommended)" or something like that. Uncheck that box.

Now go to the new place you put the temp folder and you should see it. Now do what you wish.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread