teach newbie how to format/reformat hardisk and install a new os.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaye034NJ

Solid State Member
hey there guys! :D

could you teach me how to reformat my hard disk? i really don't know how to start. then after reformatting, i'm going to upgrade my os to windows xp. i currently use windows me, and somebody, also a member here, told me that that os is the worst ever in the entire planet. geesh... what do you think? ehehe.. ;)

could you teach me how? please?? i'm too lazy to search it in the web... ehehe... i'd rather learn it this way... :p

please teach me? please?? :eek:

Make back ups of the files you want to keep. Boot from OS disk, by changing boot settings in BIOS, then follow the instructions to format your hard drive and install the OS.

I had Me and it was crashing none stop. XP seems to be much more stable though.

Hugo82 said:
Make back ups of the files you want to keep. Boot from OS disk, by changing boot settings in BIOS, then follow the instructions to format your hard drive and install the OS.

I had Me and it was crashing none stop. XP seems to be much more stable though.

yes, do it with your XP disc

XP is the best gaming OS, ME is the worst Windows OS ever.

my friend told me that if my drivers are not supported, i should check the internet for downloads. is that true? my cpu is not that old though.

and how can i partition my hd? my hd has 18GB, is it possible that that 10GB would be alloted exclusively for my login account then the remaining would be for the other login account? well, that's what i plan to do if possible.. :p

lastly, should i go for windows xp or windows 2000?

I don't think its possible to use seperate partition for accounts.

Get XP.

My comp is older than yours and everything works.

is that so? sad. thanks for informing me.. :D

anyway, i read an article in the internet it's about tips before reformatting, upgrading your os. it says that i should defragment my hard disk before that. do i really need to? because i think it will take me hours, i hope not a whole day, to defragment my hard disk. i really don't know if this is necessary.

i hope you'll still answer my question. i'm just a beginner so please pardon me.. :(

setup windows xp is as simple as put the windows xp CD into your cd-rom drive when your pc just boot up
It would guide you through the whole setup process
Just follow the instructions on the computer screen and make your choices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom