Taskbar Time incorrect...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morilibus

Solid State Member
Hey,

I'm running windows XP, and my windows time(the one on the taskbar) keeps really bad time, it slowly drifts into the future, today it was a good 6+ hours off. It seems to be just be a little fast as it's not off by exact hours. I just reset it and it's already counting the minutes a little fast.

Anyway, it's sorta annoying and I've just be dealing with it as I have a clock 2 feet from my computer screen anyway, but wondering if anyone has run into this problem before and knows of a remedy for it.

Thanks in advance for anyhelp.

Marc.

i have seen something like this before with winME...i thought it was because the CMOS battery needed replacing, but after i reinstalled their operating system the problem went away. i think your problem is software related. i have no idea where the specific source of the problem could be.

this is definatly the problem, if you dont replace this battery soon and it runs out of power then you will lose your cmos and bios settings without realising, althouhg we do live in an age of technology, the windows clock is still powered by a battery

Wow slips into the future? That's wild. My old Win98 PII450 128 meg of ram sys. used to fall behind, but I figured it was due to over taxation of resources (I played a lot of CS, DoD, TFC, AQ2...). I junked the computer before the battery had a chance to fail, so I don't know what would have become of it.

Check ur system for Spyware/adware... some of those things install some internet time updating service ,, it's called presicion time or somethin' ...

Check your battery, if this doesnt work check for viruses, there might be some software running there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom