Taskbar and Quicklaunch problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

alecjahn

Daemon Poster
This has been happening for quite a while, but I've been puting up with it until now.

Every once in a while, after using the computer most of the day or within a few days (using sleep mode at night), the Start button along with the quicklaunch will stop working.

One of two things happens: The start button completely wont work, and upon pressing the windows key to open it it just "ding"s, OR I can open the start menu but none of the openable items, (such as Programs, Settings, etc) will work.

As for the quicklaunch, the >> button to see the rest of my icons flat out doesnt work as well. The Quicklaunch buttons do work, though.

When I restart my computer (the only way to fix the problem) all my quicklaunch icons are out of order and I have to rearrange them to my liking.

What can be causing this? Is it maybe some specific program? Registry problem? Your guess is as good as mine. I hope it's just some dumb thing but probably not.

Thanks in advance.

start with the basics... Virus, adware, spyware, malware...

scan for them and see what is found.
Next would be to create a new profile for your self and see if that resovles the problem...
I have see this before and it's ussual cause is related to profile corruption.

It's definatly nothing basic like malware of any sort. I'll check up on other profiles/users and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom