Taskbar Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adaware said it found 60 something but only displayed two files I could check and delete and Microsoft's AntiSpyware didn't find anything. That runs daily, at 2 AM so I'm usually pretty good about keeping spyware out.

I tried putting in my XP CD and restarting it. I choose to repair and then it asked me which Windows partition I wanted and I choose the only one that was there, and then it asked me for my Admin pass and I entered that and then it just stopped with C:\\Windows in the command line. There was nothing I could do, and I didn't know what to type so I typed Exit and it restarted my machine.

Oh, and I tried killing explorer.exe and starting a new one and the taskbar shows up for only a few seconds and then goes away.

Once you boot to disk... you need to select the install option first. Once the install takes hold you can then choose the repair option.

Oh, alright. I've got to head to class now but I'll check that out once I get back. Thanks for the help.

son of a *****. 2 hours later I still have no task bar. Repaired the god **** OS and still nothing.

****ing piece of shit.

Just tried the registry edit found on that woman's website and the taskbar is back. Did this last night and thought everything was okay but next time I restart I'm sure the ****ing taskbar will be gone again. God I hate windows.

That is what I used last night and the problem happened again today. I will see if it contuines tomarrow. Right now I have the task bar and I'm happy. We'll see how long this will last though.

You got some serious trouble. You may be forced to reformat.
Run Hijack-this, and post the log.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom