taskbar disappeared! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 04:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default taskbar disappeared!

When win xp boots up to desktop I can see the taskbar for a few second and then disappeares. I had the same problem couple weeks ago and when I try fixing it with the win xp repair cd it made it worst and I had to reformat it.

I looked and searched many sites that could fix this taskbar problem but nothing really worked out so far. One method worked out but I had to make a new account and I don't really wanna do that.

It seems like this problem occurs when my computer crashes but i dunno.

does anyone have any suggetion??
anything would be cool.

Old 01-14-2006, 05:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

It's on autohide

put your mouse to the botton of the screen and it re apears I love it saves so much space. Got it to expand 3 rows then set it to autohide.

If you want to get ride of this great featue... Bring mouse to bottom when it re apears right click. Go to properties and unclick autohide.

Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 01-14-2006, 05:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q318027
Old 01-14-2006, 06:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

tyler...im not that retarded but thanks for the suggetion

as for warez I tried those methods already. I tried the first method and its pretty much the same method as the 2nd one and In my first response I said that I didn't want to make a new account...so the 2nd method is out and I want to avoid method 3 cuz last time I tried doing that it messed up half way through and I had to reformt.

so any more suggetion?
Old 01-14-2006, 08:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

Try this VBS Script. If your av goes crazy or microsoft antispy, let it go through....

Taskbar is Missing