Task host window problem on shutdown

ok - Will try again when I get home = 7pm EST. The large 279000 file was not there when I logged in online - weird.

Ok- had another emergency when I got home- my sons PC crashed badly- cant even get to bios. So, that took precedence. At work again now. But, I did shut down without any window popping up yesterday - so hmmmmm.... I tried again to zip/extract the minidump files and got the same access denial. I will look to see what directory it is trying to access when I get home - forgot you asked that yesterday until I reviewed the thread today.

well I am trying to copy the latest 6/19 to desktop ( i think I have that done). But, now I noticed the main minidump file has a lock on it. I can open it and copy the 6/19 dump to desktop - but I cant open it - when I try to 7zip archive it it says

0 WARNING: access is denied .
1 :C\Windows\Minidump\061914-22557-01.dmp

I went into the properties area of the minidump folder and the general tab has the lock on it. I then went to the security tab and checked the permissions and there are 3 users listed - system, dad, admin - all three have full permissions.

Again - no more shutdown issues- 3-4 shutdowns without the issue.

Last edited:
well I am trying to copy the latest 6/19 to desktop ( i think I have that done). But, now I noticed the main minidump file has a lock on it. I can open it and copy the 6/19 dump to desktop - but I cant open it - when I try to 7zip archive it it says

0 WARNING: access is denied .
1 :C\Windows\Minidump\061914-22557-01.dmp

I went into the properties area of the minidump folder and the general tab has the lock on it. I then went to the security tab and checked the permissions and there are 3 users listed - system, dad, admin - all three have full permissions.

Again - no more shutdown issues- 3-4 shutdowns without the issue.

That's your problem - you're trying to zip them up while they're still in the Minidump folder.

Highlight the files under C:\Windows\Minidump
Right click -> Copy (or press Ctrl+C)
Go to your desktop and paste (right click -> Paste or Ctrl+V)
Then highlight the files on your desktop and create the archive from your desktop

ok - well lets try this then. I think I did everthing you said. Went to C/windows/minidump - opened ( it told me I woudl need admin permission) -but then it opened. I then copy/pasted the most recent file to desktop. then right click , 7zip, archive- it created a new desktop file. I right clicked on that and copied to dropbox, i then copied the dropbox link and pasted it here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wz5u4rol9k6lrq4/061914-22557-01.dmp

CarnageX - did I loose you? No longer having the issued- have not had any BSOD's or shutdown issues. So, don't know what changed. Still would like to know what the minidump says and also that I copied/posted etc. correctly for next time. Also why does this file have a lock on it in my windows?

Back
Top Bottom