Systems Management Server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, i read the description of SMS 2003 and found that It sounds very helpful to me. I installed it, and for a test connection i typed in the name of my computer for the site server..because i have no idea what im doing and usually figure it out by playing around...I currently have dial up and cannot access internet with 2 computers at one time if thats what I'd have to do. but anyway when i load up SMS it says connection failed: \\computer-name\root\sms

so thinking of networking i navigated to \\computer-name\root\ nothing there so i searched the computer for all files named sms and copied them to a folder

\\computer-name\root\ but i still get no connection...im not sure what to do next can anyone help please?

if it has anything to do with me not installing SQL server im working on that right now.

please can u give me more info about the machine that u installed sms on it the OS is windows server or windows xp pro and the how many clients for this server

Windows 2003 server, just experimentation for now, if i put it in to productin(for myself) about 5 - 10 clients

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom