system32 folder has dissapeared!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

salami1212

Baseband Member
Well. its happened before on my other computer.. so i had to reformat but my system 32 folder has dissapeared, i cant use regedit or anything. my computer works fine though,,

help!!

If you type the actual address in your address bar, you should be able to access it.

C:\WINNT\system32
or
C:\Windows\system32
or
C:\Windows\system\system32

thats scary...im gonna google it and see if i can come up with a reason why so i can prevent it from happening

same thing happen to my device manager. what can I type in the run or address box to find it?

Windows hides certain files and folders by default. it's part of the whole treat you like an idiot so you wont break something. If you open up windows Explorer, goto the Tools menu, Select Folder options, goto the View tab. Select Show hidden Files and Folders, Untick Hide file extensioons for known file type (I wanna know that it's definately a txt document and not an EXE with the icon changed!!), Untick Hide protects operating system files (recommended).

Can you see the system32 folder now? Pretty sure you'd be having major issues if it had been deleted/removed.

urf said:
Windows hides certain files and folders by default. it's part of the whole treat you like an idiot so you wont break something. If you open up windows Explorer, goto the Tools menu, Select Folder options, goto the View tab. Select Show hidden Files and Folders, Untick Hide file extensioons for known file type (I wanna know that it's definately a txt document and not an EXE with the icon changed!!), Untick Hide protects operating system files (recommended).

Can you see the system32 folder now? Pretty sure you'd be having major issues if it had been deleted/removed.

XP doesnt hide the system32 folder by default

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom