System32 Boot error

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmcconn

Beta member
Hi,
I seem to have an unsolvable problem relating to a corrupt registry, which, from internet forum searches, would appear to be because the registry file has exceeded 18 megs.

When starting my computer, I get the error message that windows cannot start due to a missing or corrupt file "windows\system32\config\system

The various forums suggest the cure of running the windows installation cd and selecting the repair console option "r", then a password which leads to the repair console itself.

However, when I do this, and select "1" as the only windows installation I have, instead of the password screen, I get notification that a problem has been detected, and windows has shut down to prevent damage to the computer. A recommendation is given to check hardware and software installations, and to try starting in safe mode.

When starting in safe mode, I end up with the error message that the computer cannot start due to the missing or corrupted file "windows\system32\...............
I'm just going round in circles.

"There's a hole in my bucker, Dear Liza..........."

Can anyone offer advice to break the cintinuing circle?

I've tried following the official Microsoft bulletin, but again, can't get to the repair console passwod page. I've also tried downloading several "unbeatable" bootable CD roms, but always end up with either of these error messages when inserting them.

Thanks
Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom