system wont boot to windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
already flashed it .. i will try a different sata port ... should i do a quick repair u mentioned earlier?

put in a different sata port and still same situation. it started to boot but haulted and restarted itself. then i picked boot from last working configuration and it booted normally. i dont understand wats goin on.

it wouldnt let me do the repair for some reason .. i reinstalled all drivers and seemed to boot up ok but when i go to restart it again haults and then restarts but then runs chkdsk and if i skip chkdsk it boots up normally to windows. its doing some strange things. i even ran different virus scans from avast and trend micro. trend micro found a few things but that didnt solve the problem. i dont understand why its doing this.

Well, that's easy. First click Start> Run> bring up a command prompt by typing in "CMD" and type " fsutil dirty query d: ". This queries the drive, and more than likely it will tell you that it is dirty. Next, type "CHKNTFS /X D:". The X tells Windows to NOT check that particular drive on the next reboot. At this time, manually reboot your computer, it should not do a Chkdsk and take you directly to Windows.

Once Windows has fully loaded, bring up another CMD prompt and type and now you want to do a Chkdsk manually by typing "Chkdsk /f /r d:". This should take you through 5 stages of the scan and will unset that dirty bit. Finally, type "fsutil dirty query d:" and Windows will confirm that the dirty bit is not set on that drive.

k i will try that but someone suggestion this on another forum:

Now it sounds like you could be at the beginning of a failing hard drive. Constant rebooting is a sign of corrupted files which can be caused by hd problems. I have to think this way because you say there is no virus!

Get SpinRite 6.0 (costs a little bit of money), and run it at level 4 and see if it comes up with anything. Monitor the results now and then before it completes.

But before that; Chkdsk produces a report. Next time you get your desktop, do the following: Double click My Computer; right click the "C" drive; go down to Properties - Tools - Error-checking. Check off both boxes and reboot. Chkdsk will work on your hd for an hour or so.

When it completes, a reboot will occur. When you get your desktop back, do the following: Go to Control Panel - Admin Tools - Event Viewer - Application. Look for "Winlogon" on the right side near the top. Open it and read. If it shows bad spots, time for a new hd.

Now, especially run SpinRite to see if it can salvage something. This program will find more bad stuff than Chkdsk can, but can also fix a lot of the problems. It works on every single electronic bit switch on the drive.

If this also produces bad news (as you monitor the detailed Technical Log),
back up your system as soon as it is done, and get a new hd and do a restore.

wat do u think bout this sollution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom