Not open for further replies.

benzimm86

In Runtime
The first problem was when you started the computer you would get an error of
-cmos date/time not set
run setup
press f1 to resume-

if you did not go change the time you would get an erro of
-your program cause a divide overflow error. If the problem persists, contact your program vender.-

So i went in and change the date and time. The computer then booted up. Since it only had 64mb of ram, i shut down the computer and addes two more sticks of 64mb. I also added a nic so that i could connect to a network. After adding these things, the computer will not boot. The fans start spinning, the hard drive has power but the screen will not display anything. I thought maybe for some reason the video happened to go out so i added a different video card but still nothing. I have taken out the extra two sicks of ram and the nic and nothing works.

Try resetting the cmos battery or jumper and make sure all your connections are connected and that nothing is being shorted out

ok i took out the cmos battery and swapped out the ram for a different stick. now when i start it up i get a beep code of 1 long and 3 short. I do not know what type of mb it is but it has a pentium 2 350mhz as well as a slot for a socket 370 processor.

Like I said in your other post. Make sure it's not the ram slots. In this kind of case, usually the Ram is the trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom