System Restore / Trojan Virus!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanoni

Solid State Member
I ran McAfee virus scan and found 5 Trojan files which were successfully deleted by Mcafee.
Should I disable the system restore and then restart my PC???? I'm not quite sure when I should use system restore....Any additional info is greatly appreciated.....
thanxxxxx

you should enable system restore when you are planning to use it or if you want to be able to restore your settings in the future.

you don't need to reboot your system rightnow..you could run system restore wich saves all important settings and some important windows-files...you can restore it later for example when your system crashes or other problems occur

Trojan mules are quite common. I use a combination of Notron Antivirus and Lavasoft's Ad-aware to get most of the little buggers out.

You can really 100% protect yerself from them.

I use Mcafee virus scan, Zone Alarm firewall, Anti-Spy from yahoo toolbar, spybot and RegSupreme to clean the registry, and spyware blaster which is suppose to run in the background without even doing anything and protects from incoming spyware and adware.
I'm suprised i cought these trojan's, but I think they come from that astalavista.com site....anyone agree?
I believe my pc is pretty secure with all these little programs....I hope so.....any comments?

Jesus, Kanoni...You got a serious case of what we call "Paranoid Anti-Virus Scan Abuser" syndrom.

You don't need forty peices of AV. All that stuff you got is overkill.

disabling restore depends on what kind of trojan and the last restore point compared to when the trojan was gotten and if it alters any system files. if it does alter system files or use a name scheme then you may need to disable restore and then re-enable it, but it all depends on what you had. just look it up to find out if its needed.

Disable System Restore, boot into safe mode, run AV, reboot. This usually works good for me. I don't the problem is astalavista, but the sites that you go to from there may be problematic (cracks and wares).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom