System Restore Problems Apparently Related to Savrt - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2005, 06:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default System Restore Problems Apparently Related to Savrt

First of all, a bit of background on my specifications. I'm running Windows XP Pro Home Edition with Service Pack 2 installed on an HP Pavillion A250Y computer. For almost two weeks now, I have had a problem with my System Restore utility not functioning properly. System Restore does not automatically create any restore points, nor can I manually create any restore points. I've tried several measures that I've read about online to correct this problem. I've tried turning off System Restore, restarting my computer and turning System Restore back on. This didn't help. Nor did trying to reinstall my System Restore from the sr.inf file in the C:\WiNDOWS\INF folder (another suggestion I found online). In reviewing the events log on my computer, I get the impression that this problem might be related to a file called savrt. The failed system restore events in my events log all read as follows: "The System Restore filter encountered the unexpected error '0xC0000243' while processing the file 'Savrt' on the volume 'HarddiskVolume2'. It has stopped monitoring the volume." I decided to do a search for the file 'Savrt' on my computer. I found eleven instances with various extensions, including two empty folders. All of them say that the associated folder is C:\Program Files\Norton Antivirus (I'm runniing Norton Antivirus 2005). While researching the problem online, I found one suggestion to go into the Miscellaneous tab under "Other" in Norton Antivirus Options and uncheck the option "Alert me if my virus protection is out of date." I did this, but my System Restore is still not functioning properly. Has anyone ever had this problem before and, if so, how did you resolve it? Thanks for any advice.

Old 03-16-2005, 08:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie
Send a message via ICQ to shuaibao Send a message via AIM to shuaibao Send a message via Yahoo to shuaibao

Here's lots of complaints about SAVRT. Blue Screen...etc. Maybe you can dig there.

I have ADD that stands for Attention Defecit hey look a birdie!

<a href=\"\"> my blog</a>
Old 03-17-2005, 01:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie
Send a message via Yahoo to psman

try to uninstall the antivirus then disable monitoring for system restore after cleaning all old restore points then enableing it again and manually creating a restore point
May i suggest you to shoose another antivirus because i tried NAV2005 and i dont like it
You... Went Beyond
You lost it all.
Why did you go there
Closed Thread