System restore not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

VampD

In Runtime
every time I try to use system restore to restore my computer to an earlier time it runs the whole process and then reboots but in the desktop gives me a message "your computer cannot be restored to an earlier time no changes have been made." Any idea how I can fix this problem and get system restore working again? It isn't disabled or anything.

I'm using windows XP SP2

Read the title and thought.. now thats a shocker..

maybe Mak will have some insite.

no I have created many restore points not including the automatic system check points which appear to be created at least once a day

Well that is only if you have them enabled. What I meant in my earlier post is you may have disabled them once, and forgot to enable them again. Maybe not, but you are saying that is not it but I wanted to ask.

If System Restore is on and active, it is a infection. Only thing that could do this.

I read somewhere that the problem may be caused by an antivirus startup. I have Norton corporate edition but seemingly can't find a way to completely disable it upon boot up. I've done updated virus scans and spyware scans and haven't found any kind of infection or virus that may be causing this.

LOL!! good one Mak! and yeah.. well.. all you had to say is that you had Norton.. problem solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom