System Restore does not work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagelred

In Runtime
It's that simple.

It's been like this for a while now. I try to restore, it goes through the process, but as soon as it reboots, it tells me the restore was unsuccesful. Doesn't matter what restore point I choose.

Any ideas how to fix this without reinstalling XP completely?

FYI, I have Windows XP Professional, Pentium 4, 1 GB mem, Kaspersky Suite, 80 GB hard drive.....

Any suggestions would be appreciated....

Why do you want to restore? Maybe the problem is fixable using other methods.

Why do I want restore? Because in many cases, its the easiest way to fix a problem if I "mess up" my system.

I'm confused. Does everyone have a problem with System Restore? Or do people not use it at all?

Why do I want restore? Because in many cases, its the easiest way to fix a problem if I "mess up" my system.

I'm confused. Does everyone have a problem with System Restore? Or do people not use it at all?

I normally turn off system restore. Yes it can be a useful tool, but many times it does nothing. Kind of like what you are experiencing. Is the problem driver related? Registry related? Problem with Windows itself?

if you add or take out new hardware, system restore won't work if you try to restore it to the time before you took out or put in the new hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom