System restarts after boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatonator

Baseband Member
Whenever I boot up my PC, it gets to the point where Windows is loading with the large Windows logo covering the screen and the loading bar moving. Then, my PC restarts and goes to the screen where the options of Start Windows Normally, Use Last Working Configurations, and the 3 Safe Mode options. For some reason, my USB keyboard isn't recognized at this point, so I have to wait the 25 seconds for it to choose "Start Windows Normally" by default. (I've tried the "Use Last Working Configurations" option with my friend's PS/2 keyboard and it didn't seem to help.) So, Windows then starts up normally, and after I login and am at my desktop screen, I get a message saying:

The system has recovered from a serious error.

A log of this error has been created.

It says I can send the report to Windows. It also says this:

To see what data this error report contains, click here.

When I "click here" I get the Error signature, which is this:
BCCode : 1000007f BCP1 : 00000008 BCP2 : 80042000 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

I also get Reporting Details. At the bottom it says:
To view technical information about the error report, click here.
When I "click here" I get this:
Error Report Contents
The following files will be included in this error report:
C:\DOCUME~1\NICKHE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERf65f.dir00\Mini112006-11.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\NICKHE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERf65f.dir00\sysdata.xml

Any ideas?
Thanks

I'm not sure what lead to this....
The only things different are that for the past couple months since I installed my new fan for my CPU, I've been getting the "CPU is unworkable or has changed. Please check Soft Menu" so, I press F1 and it continues w/o any problems. I've been doing this the past couple months.

The other thing different that happened before all this was that my monitor would shut off or my PC would restart on its own when I started playing a game (first with War Rock, then with BF1942.) This problem seems to be overheating the video card, but I've played BF1942 for years w/o having overheating problems with the same video card (ATI Radeon 9700 Pro.)

so maybe you solved the problem by yourself
it can have to do with overheating problems o

And also if no BSOD (Blue Screen OF Death) is shown is that because its a hardware problem....

that have happened to me before (your problem)
and in my case was a memory problem....

anyway send the report to microsoft and see what they say, some times they send some valuable info, others you are pure and simply ignored :p

lool

any way if your pc case has low ventilation try to open it and work with the pc to see if the problem resides in the heat (this isnt a 100% sure test)

Problem solved

Went into BIOS and set CPU speed as user defined. Also downloaded the newest BIOS for my motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom