System Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozeepat

Solid State Member
I have been running WinMe which came with my computer. I hardly had any problems until recently when my computer started hanging, refuses to shut down, or takes forever to load a program. Everything I found pointed to the System Resources. However, I use MSCONFIG and load nothing and am still having those problems. After I am booted up, I start with 98% free resources. It doesn't take long for it to go down, but I start having problems when the resources are still in the 70's. I have a spyware program which I run often because I read that some sites put programs on your computer that run in the background and sap resources. By the way, that spyware program is not TSR. I don't know what to do short of upgrading to Windows XP which I bought some time ago, installed it but didn't like it because I had problems getting drivers for my printer and scanner so I removed it. I heard that it can only be installed once, so I am now worried that if I install it again it may stop working and who knows what problems I will have then. I have written to Microsoft asking this question, but have had no response.I prefer to keep WinMe if I can resolve this problem. So, I decided to write you to see if any one here can help. Thanking anybody in advance for any help you may give, I am ,
Pat Napolitano

Sometimes system resources go low due to an internet connection, specially if its a cable modem on windows me.
Secondly check for adwares and spybots as Placebo says.

Thanks all for the responses.
Placebo,I have Spybot and have not installed anything new. I will try ADware.
maverick_teck, that cable may be the thing, I'll try shutting off when I am not using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom