system repair *win xp*

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do I do that without explorer.exe? please read the rest of my problem with the laptop. is there a way to do this from the xp disk I have? frankly I don't know one myself, and xp is basically the system I learned all my computer basics on. *repair basics, that is*.

Have you just tried to hit Enter to bypass that password? It's accessing the hidden Admin account, which usually doesn't have a password on it by default.

If it does have a password... Offline NT Password & Registry Editor
Download that, burn it to a CD or put it on a bootable flash drive (Use UnetBootin), and clear the password on the main Admin account by following the prompts (don't forget to save at the end of the session before you exit it, or else it won't work properly).

thanks carnagex, I'll try that. I will say that I have had issues with this laptop with USB drives. and yes I have tried to just hit enter. it's password locked. thanks, I'll try that tool. any other help would be appreciated

ok reading that site for the password reset, got one question. will that even find the admin account? reading that it doesnt seem like it will, seems to be more for regular accounts. will be trying. if I reinstall windows will it delete everything that's currently on that partition? I'm seriously about to that point

sorry for double post...

Yes, it should be able to clear the password on the Administrator account. I've done it to a few computers at work before, when people had stupidly put a p/w on the Admin account, so I had to clear it off.

Yes, it will erase the data on the partition when you format it to reinstall XP. If you choose to do a repair install, however, it does not erase the data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom