System Recovery Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Im about to do a total reinstall deleting everything of my HD because it is just so ****ed up its terrible(Before the virus's took 10 seconbds to load desktop, now takes good 50 minutes, and look at my specs :mad: (27,400 virus's, 14,000Spyware that can't be deleted) so anyway i was just going to totally wipe it, disconnect the internet and reinstall my basic system like Windows XP, Microsoft Office, All my secure games that i dont need to access the internet with etc etc all that kind of stuff but only reputable stuff, and then store that with a program like Norton Ghost, so upon total reinstall i can just use that and get the majority of the system sorted out and installed in 20 or 30 minutes.

I was wondering wether theres any very good free programs that do this kind of thing, as Norton Ghost is around $70.

By the way i got all these virus's even though i had SpyBot, Stopzilla, Addaware, AVG, and Avast, i just all of a sudden got them. 12 Hours of scan removed 40,000, still 30,000 left...lol...Call of Duty one runs at 11Fps because my system is hogged by so much spyware :))

Oo and very quickly this is vastly off topic and not the right section but are there any new types of Quad Core cpu's being released (In UK) any time before end of January 2008 (Thinking of upgradeing)

Thanks.

nobody really gives away a backup program. you can get free ones that based off of acronis with usb hdd's

Plus there is no guarentee that you wont back up the spyware and viruses in this process. Since you have so many i can almost bet you that they are in your personal data and will just corrupt your new install.

Sorry but your best option will be to jsut format and fresh install while losign all your data. Unless you can get Windows installed after you backup your info but get a good virus scanner installed before putting back your data. Even then you will not be guarenteed that the data wont be affected and be able to be recovered.

As Eric already pointed out there about the free stuff. I can bet that if you had AVG and Avast installed that both programs were just countering each other and that is why your system got infected. It is never advised to run 2 AntiVirus apps at the same time.

That wasn't quite the case, i originally just had AVG, and then the virus's came...so i downloaded a few and did several big tests with each, as AVG never seems to find very many...

Thanks anyway, by the way i think it is just to screwed to be fixable, and i do need some more space so i think i'll just get myself a 500Gb Seagate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom