System Reboots Before/After burning - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 12:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default System Reboots Before/After burning

I've got a strange problem. My system reboots at different times for a reason I cannot figure. These are the times it will reboot.
- Sometimes when I put in a disc(blank or not, DVD or CD) the system will reboot once it's done reading the disc.
- Sometimes when I'm done a burn and just as I reload another image to burn, it reboots.
- Sometimes when I'm dne burning, and I go and close the app that I used for the burn, the system will reboot.

Now I use Nero 7 Ultra Edition (for burning images) and I also use Roxio Media Creator 7.5 (for burning Music). Now regardless of which software I use, the system will reboot as described above.
At first I was thinking that it is my Power Supply, but if it was that, then should the burn not even be possible. Is the most demanding time on the Power Supply during the burn?
BTW, on reboot it will do the regular disk check and finish booting up. Now when the reboot happens, it gives no error message, it just reboots.

I am running:
Windows XP Pro w/SP2
AMD Athlon 1.1 GHz
Asus A7V8X-X Mother Board
Top Power 350W Power Supply
2- 512MB Sticks of Ram
1- 250GB HD
1- 100GB HD
1- 60GB HD
1- Plextor PX-712A Burner

Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 10-12-2005, 01:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Control Panel/System/Advanced/Settings (Startup & Recovery)/System Failure/Uncheck-Automatically Restart. Next time it happens you will get an error code rather than the re-boot and you can go from there.

A+ Certified

Studying for Network+
Old 10-12-2005, 01:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Also go to Start>Run>eventvwr and see what it sais in there

A+ Certified

Studying for Network+
Old 10-12-2005, 01:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Default Re: System Reboots Before/After burning

Quote:
Originally posted by Shinobi
I've got a strange problem. My system reboots at different times for a reason I cannot figure. These are the times it will reboot.
- Sometimes when I put in a disc(blank or not, DVD or CD) the system will reboot once it's done reading the disc.
- Sometimes when I'm done a burn and just as I reload another image to burn, it reboots.
- Sometimes when I'm dne burning, and I go and close the app that I used for the burn, the system will reboot.

Now I use Nero 7 Ultra Edition (for burning images) and I also use Roxio Media Creator 7.5 (for burning Music). Now regardless of which software I use, the system will reboot as described above.
At first I was thinking that it is my Power Supply, but if it was that, then should the burn not even be possible. Is the most demanding time on the Power Supply during the burn?
BTW, on reboot it will do the regular disk check and finish booting up. Now when the reboot happens, it gives no error message, it just reboots.

I am running:
Windows XP Pro w/SP2
AMD Athlon 1.1 GHz
Asus A7V8X-X Mother Board
Top Power 350W Power Supply
2- 512MB Sticks of Ram
1- 250GB HD
1- 100GB HD
1- 60GB HD
1- Plextor PX-712A Burner

Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

Thanks.
I've had a couple of goofy issues with nero 7. it's buggy
Old 10-15-2005, 05:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Well thanks for the suggestions. I allowed for error logging. And what I got was different errors each time. First I got a "Page Fault In Nonpaged Area" error. I started thinking maybe bad ram. Then it happed again, and I got a different error. So then I decided to uninstall Nero 7. So and I had no errors. Then I uninstalled Easy Media Creator, and reinstalled Nero 7. The error still did not occur. So I'm guessing Easy Media Creator and Nero 7 were confilicting.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

Thats a very good possibility. I use them both 7.5 and 6.16, not 7 yet.
Old 10-15-2005, 06:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

I'm having nero 7 issues with it being the only thing on the computer
Old 10-15-2005, 09:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

Try this..i alread posted it but some one you might not have seen it.

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=74290
Old 10-15-2005, 11:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Why does Nero always seem to have issues when running on XP or a XP varient?
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 10-15-2005, 11:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

This is the first issue i have seen with them. I've had alcohol screw me up a few times