System Process making cpu usage jump. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2004, 11:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default System Process making cpu usage jump.

I have a problem where the process named System is jumping to using about 20% of my cpu every 3 seconds or so. The rest of the time its fine and my system idle is at 99. Whenever it jumps my overall cpu usage also jumps to about 20%. I really have no idea what the problem is, and I'm getting frustrated

I ran fully update Norton, Trendmicros virus scanner, Ad-Aware, and Spybot. None of them found the problem. Also the system process is taking up 212k, and I'm on windows xp SP2. My friend is running the same, and his System process is at 100k and is at a constant 00.

In case it matters, I'm running an AMD xp 2500, Abit K7 mobo, 1gig DDR 2700, Radeon 9800 Pro. Any help is appreciated!
Closed Thread