System lockup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstract Hero

Hyper Techie
I'm running Win7 x64 and I've been having an issue with lock ups since about noon yesterday.

Temps are excellent so i think its a software issue.

New installs include a new router (obviously not the issue), reinstalled network card drivers, FarCry (doesn't lock while running), and Daemon Lite (suspected culprit).

It's locked up 4 times now 3 were within 6 hours yesterday. Each time it locks the computer is idling just running bit torrent, Daemon and some background programs. When it locks up the screen frezes no movement and no reactions from mouse or keyboard.

I suspect Daemon tools because I believe there was a virtual drive mounted each time it locked up and I haven't had this issue till I installed it.
I turned Daemon off and disabled autorun so we'll see if that fixes it but I want to hear other opinions just in case.

Does anything stick out as far as the issue?

Daemon Tools is known to cause issues. This is why most run Virtual CloneDrive. Uninstall Daemon and use that instead.

ya lets us know, but i was using daemon tools lite for a while and never had issues with locking up but it would freeze certain games and downloads all the time, finally opted for the full version. Go with Clone drive if you are unfamiliar with Daemon.

ya lets us know, but i was using daemon tools lite for a while and never had issues with locking up but it would freeze certain games and downloads all the time, finally opted for the full version. Go with Clone drive if you are unfamiliar with Daemon.

Well I use Magic ISO if I don't have to mount. I've used Daemon in the past but it doesn't matter that wasn't the issue. I left it running with Perfmon open and my comp just in case it happened again I'd see what was running. Well I forgot my monitor goes to sleep lol so nothing.
I don't know what the issue is.

Edit: I left perfmon on with monitor sleep disabled and I got a lock up with ntunecmd.exe at 49% load
I've recently installed a new cpu so there might have been some conflict between the old ntune settings and the new cpu.
I've uninstalled ntune so we'll see

Edit edit: It seems to have been ntune

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom