System Guru's pls help is def needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computa_neerd

Solid State Member
ok last 6 months ive been getting this system error, blue screen of death happens
tech info
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini020404-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Shutdog\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml
error sig
BCCod: 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : BF80870C BCP3 : BA92F0C0
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 0_0 Product : 256_1

Def need some help on how to fix this

note:
this happens when the system is running at random times, not when i actually reboot the system.

computa_Nerd,, afte looking at this line :
C:\DOCUME~1\Shutdog\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

Something was download or placed in your temp files,,In my opinion, I would go to McAfee do an online scan,,yes even though you have an AV go there, see if it finds anything,,if not then we can figure out best way to check things..but befor we go nuts do a scan,, let us know if it finds anything.

Hey buddy just delete all the contents of the C:\windows\Minidump

thats the memory dump for windows and any junk in there screws up the system boot up...

yeap your correct screwdriver, but also I would do a scan in my opinion:C:\DOCUME~1\Shutdog\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

was installed,and even after clearing files etc, it might reappear.since I do not have a definative answer,I would just check.

After deleting the minidumps also reset the Pagefile (Virtual Memory) to clean out any lingering junk that keeps getting called, defrag before restoring the PageFile.

hth

Ok guys so i cleared it out and for like a few weeks it didnt happen and last night it happened twice :confused: .... idk what to do

The "serious error" may be related to a corrupted Windows paging file "Pagefile.sys".

1. Right-click My Computer Icon.
2. Select Properties, Advanced, Performance.
3. Click Settings, Advanced, Change.
4. Set Page File to 0 and click Ok and reboot.

Then follow the same procedure and reset the Page File to System Mananged File.

Make sure you have free space on your Presario. I suggest you use Safe mode, logon, and set virtual memory to "No paging file". Apply changes. Logout and restart into Safe mode. Look
at your XP root folder (usually C:\ ). Delete Pagefile.sys . Go into virtual memory settings now. Make your desired settings choice. Apply the changes. Logout and reboot the system.

2.In SAFE mode of XP, Login as administrator. Go into Control Panel, system properties, in the "Advanced" TAB and in the recovery section....click the "settings" button.

"Un-check" the "automatically restart" line. Do the apply change, make clean exit.

3. Run disk cleanup on the hard drives. Click Programs, Accessories, System, tools, Disk Cleanup.

Also, cleanup and remove files from your "Temp" folder.

Microsoft has released a patch that addresses the "System has recovered from a serious error" issue in Windows XP, and is discussed in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) Article Q317277. Download now to prevent this message from occurring each time the machine boots.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q317277

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom