System File defragmentation and consolidation

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.Arbib

In Runtime
Using Windiws 7 SP1 IE9

I have tried to get a defreagmenter that can properly consolidate system files

I have tried the in-built defragmenter and Diskreeper pro and Raxco's PD-11 pro but still find system files scattered around the drive, some at the beginning and some at the end which must slow the computer down on seek-time alone

I would appreciate a rather better derragmenter if one is available.

Howdy,

Diskeeper 2011 has just been released and you can get a free trial on their website. Has instant defrag which sounds pretty awesome.

Keep in mind that modern defrag programs don't necessarily place files right next to each other but rather where they would be accessed the fastest.

As for the system files, with Diskeeper (which in my opinion is the best defrag program available) you can set it to defrag the MFT as well as the paging file (it may need to do this at boot time).

You already have the program that can do what you want with Diskeeper. It has a feature called Frag Shield that helps prevent fragmentation of the MFT. It also assists you in setting up your paging file so that fragmentation will be very unlikely to occur in the future.

If you need help configuring Diskeeper, contact their tech support or search their site (www.Diskeeper.com) and you'll get all the help and info you need (or post which version youhave and what you need help with here and I will try to help you).

I agree with the recommendation that you get Diskeeper 2011 -- It prevents most fragmentation and instantly defrags whatever gets by the prevention mechanism.

It is quite an advancement over previous versions (leading Diskeeper to win the gold medal at a recent Top 10 Reviews side-by-side comparison of the best defrag programs).

Depending on what version you already have, you can probably get an upgrade discount for Diskeepr 2011).

Defraggler ftw :). Also is it just me or it seems as though both users are advertising? Just seem quite a coincidence they both got only 1 post, in this topic and promoting the same software. If it's just me, then oh well, sorry for the assumption :(.

Defraggler ftw :). Also is it just me or it seems as though both users are advertising? Just seem quite a coincidence they both got only 1 post, in this topic and promoting the same software. If it's just me, then oh well, sorry for the assumption :(.
I noticed that too, and reported it so I could leave the mods do to with it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom