System Crash While Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

coda

Beta member
Lately I have been having problems while gaming. My system locks up completely and I have to re-boot using the reset button. I figured it may be my NVIDIA GeForce 3 Video Card, so I upgraded a cupla days ago to a NVIDEA GeForce4 Ti 4200. Nope, same thing.
Thing is would it help to put another RAM stick of 256 MB in my rig? Can Win 2000 handle 768 of RAM, or will that give me a problem? Full SysSpecs below.

Windows 2000 5.00.2195
AMD Athelon 1800+
512RAM
NVIDEA GeForce4 Ti 4200
Hercules Gamesurround Fortissimo III

What game? I use the same video card... haven't ever experienced any problems like that. I might reccomend that you go to nvidia.com and make sure you have the latest drivers for the card which happens to be 53.03, (I need to update aswell,) Make sure you got the lastest Microsoft Direct X, Make sure that you apply the updates to the game it self, sometimes graphics issues can be resolved simply by downloading the latest patch for the game. Let me know if this helps

Well............

Well, I'm a gamer of long experience, so all the things you suggested have already been done! The games BTW, are CoD and DTR. That's not the issue though. I have all the latest patches, dirext X and drivers. I just want to know if 768 MB of RAM will work with Win 2000.

Windows 2000 can handle any amount of RAM provided your motherboard will support it, IMO adding RAM wouldn't do anything unless the crashing is caused by not having enough RAM, it might be your existing RAM that's the problem

Hey

Win 2000 will handle the ram but I would dought if that is your problem.It sounds like overheating.Have you checked your cpu heatsync & fan. Also what size is your power supply.After you reboot how long till it lockups again.
Later Splat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom