System Config

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffK91

In Runtime
I heard that if you go to system config and go under startup in Windows XP, you should uncheck all the programs except a couple for system performance. Can someone please tell me what those are that needs to be checked while everything else is unchecked? Thanks in advance.

yeah but right after i posted it on the hardware i realized it was on the wrong place so i posted it here but i still need help because im not getting any replys on my other thread so someone please help out.

Alex4R said:
Yes, you can disable all but RunDll32 cmicnfg.

I see RunDll32 but not cmicnfg. Are they like the same thing? Also, I won't have any problems with my comp right?

Wow I did that and I couldn't even go on the internet. So I put it back to normal and just take out some of the applicants on my taskbar and restart my comp. First thing I notice is my wallpaper is gone and I keep getting this message that I changed some settings on Windows and I need to put it to normal.

I can't see your computer, or what it needs to startup. Generally it should work if you leave RunDll32, and as for the message, is it the "System Configuration Utility" message? You can just click the little box that says "Do not show the system configuration utility next startup" and click cancel.

If you want to post a screenshot of your startup programs, or type them, I can help you eliminate the un-needed ones.

You need to make sure that your antivirus, firewall, broadband drivers (if you have broadband), video drivers (if you have them), and any other security measures (Spyware Guard, etc.) are left checked in the Startup tab.

I have read that if you uncheck msmsgs that IE and Outlook Express could not function properly, but, as I do not use them, I cannot vouch fort hat.

If you want to remove msmsgs (windows messenger), paste this into the run dialog:

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom