System account password reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

gremonk

Beta member
I have windows 7. Recently my computer was hacked and the system account password was reset. I have been able to maintain admin privileges and isolate the malicious software but I cannot delete it without regaining control of the system account. I know this is very difficult to do, but I was wondering if someone can give me some tips as to where I should start looking for a solution to this problem.

Thanks

Sorry but we really wont be able to help. The reasons are as follows. We are only on the internet. We cant verify the information given. It is difficult for us to sit here and know that you are telling the truth. While we would love to be able to just trust everyone, that just isnt human nature.

I can say that you can go over to the Microsoft Answers Page and talk to some of the people there. They can assist you on how to go about what you need to do cause they can verify such information if needed.

Okay. I'm not arguing with you, I'm just trying to understand. Are you hesitant to help me because you are concerned that I may have malicious intent in using the information that I am asking for. Again, I do not pose this question because I am arguing with your answer. I am simply trying to understand the reason for your response.

That is the exact reason. The content contained could be used for malicious intent. Since it would require some specific tools in order to accomplish the task and these tools can put anyone's system at harm we do not wish to share the content openly. Our site is open to the public and available on search engines this material would be sen by the world and we could not possibly know what intent it would be used for. I can bet that not all of it would be as noble as yours.

I understand. I have no interest in asking you to do something you are uncomfortable with. I did go to the link you posted and posted my question there. Still waiting on a response, but hopefully I will get one. Everything I've read online says that it is nearly impossible to do and does require special tools as you said. Thank you for the posting the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom