System 32 corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug R

Baseband Member
I have a three year old Dell Latitude laptop for use when working out of town. It came with only 128 RAM. I added another 256 RAM. I also bought an "Ositech" cord to connect my cell phone to the USB port to be able to connect to my service provider. If anybody else is thinking of buying Ositech....Don't.

The cell phone connection worked okay for a few hours but then problems occurred: My system crashed. "System32 is corrupt" appears on the mostly dead screen. I repaired the problem by reinstalling Windows XP Pro. The laptop works okay but the cell phone modum AND now the telephone modum isn't recognized by the system. The Plug & Play (Plug & Pray) also doesn't work? I've reinstalled XP 5 times with the same result. I tried using the Recovery program after reinstalling XP. No change. I tried using the installation disc for Ositech, but as soon as I plug my cell phone into the USB port, it causes my laptop to crash again. "System32 is corrupted or not installed," appears on my screen each time. The System32 is what the modums operate from. I tried getting on the Ositech web site but there is a notice there that the site is "for sale." There is no way to get manufacturer's help. Short of using a sledge hammer on my used laptop, does anyone have any idea about how I can get my laptop to function properly?

Never mind. I got a "PC Doctor" disc ...the one that can boot up any and all crashed PC's. I was able to reformat and reinstall XP PRO. That "PC Doctor" functions exactly as the old "Hard Drive Mechanic," and the Hard Drive Mechanic worked even when the $3 per minute factory help didn't work. I know....I spent 60 minutes worth once with the NEC "help."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom