SYSPREP OOBE question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddle Jumper

Mod Emeritus
If I use SYSPREP and the method Trotter posted here to move a hard drive over to a new system without reinstalling Windows will I need to reinstall any programs that were installed on the system before the hard drive was transferred?

I am wanting to move my brothers current hard drive and Windows installation over to a new system without reinstalling Windows or any of his programs.

Nope. I have not used that method but from what Trotter descried it allows you to move a hard drive to a new motherboard without the need for a repair or clean install.

Would love your input as to how it went.

That's what I though but it's always good to get an second opinion.

Thanks for the response Hefe. I will let you know how it turns out.

I finally got a chance to use SYSPREP and move the drive over to the new pc and it worked great. Once the drive is in the new system you have to go through the Windows setup process (like you would when you first install the os) and create a new user account however your original account(s) will still be there along with all your files and programs.

Awesome, I'll have to remember that one; thanks PJ (and thanks Trotter for bringing that command up :D).

Like I said, I had already used it. I changed my brother-in-law's mobo and CPU out (from socket A to socket 754) using SYSPREP and had no hitch. Didn't have to make a new account, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom